The student news site of Schaumburg High School

Sextant

Seniors Dominate Juniors in 2016 Powderpuff Game

Senior+powderpuff+girls+watch+from+the+sidelines+as+the+seniors+defeat+the+juniors+30-6.+
Senior powderpuff girls watch from the sidelines as the seniors defeat the juniors 30-6.

Sabik Cohran and Matt Eaker, Sextant Reporters

The Class of ’17 was looking for revenge after a heartbreaking loss to the Class of ’16 just one year ago.

In this years game, on a Monday night at Gary Scholz stadium, The senior class(’17) ran up and down the field only giving up 6 points while scoring a magnificent 30 points against the Junior class(’18).

“I could hear some of the juniors mumbling but this only motivated the seniors to work harder and stronger. Our effort and performance showed them that no smack talk would affect us” said Kaiden Jackson.

Coach Lenny Jacobs and Coach Tommy Larsen designed an offense that was very successful and efficient. The offense was led by Natalie Napier and Brittany Butt, who both played Quarterback and had great games. Kaiden Jackson and Morgan Norris both rushed for 2 touchdowns each. Norris had a 95 yard touchdown run that sealed the deal for the seniors late in the fourth quarter.

“I think it was clear that we were really comfortable with our plays and confident with each other, which pushed us ahead of the juniors” said Napier.

Coach Jakob Kolodziej and Coach Sabik Cohran ran a 3-4 defense that gave up only one score in the contest. Defensive leader, Annie Finneran, had multiple tackles in last nights game. The defense overall played well disciplined and under control. Everyone did their job which led to their success.

Jamie Nazal, Jennifer Perez, Gina D’Orazio and Laura O’Connell also shut down the juniors pass game with their hard work. The linebacker and Defensive line stoped the juniors high powered offense which was led by Kayla Patterson and Becky Tapia. D’Orazio had a late interception in the 4th Quarter which sealed the deal for the seniors.

“I felt like our defense was a bunch of tough girls and we all knew what we had to do to win and I just did my best to encourage and get the girls pumped up to stay as strong as we could the whole game” said Finneran.

Total Views: 1254 ,

• Seniors Dominate Juniors in 2016 Powderpuff Game

NEWS

Opportunity Knocks and SHS Students Can Answer

NEWS

Class Attendance on the Rise

OPINIONS

Dear Future Americans:

NEWS

SHS Implements Equalized Grading

ENTERTAINMENT

Maybelline and Covergirl Name First Male Ambassadors

NEWS

A Season of Giving

NEWS

Million Women March

Showcase

Poetry Club Fundraiser

Showcase

Poms Continues its Path to State

NEWS

Violence Erupts Over Pipeline Crisis in the Plains